Re: Compiling CVS - some gdb output

Here's the output for panel...

>Starting program: /usr/gnome/bin/./panel
>locale not supported by C library
>
>GLib-CRITICAL **: file ghash.c: line 149 (g_hash_table_lookup): assertion `hash_table' failed.
>
>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>0x401cc19b in g_scanner_lookup_internal ()

For gwp...
>(gdb) run
>Starting program: /usr/gnome/bin/./gwp
>locale not supported by C library
>Please set your GWP_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable.
>wordcount.C:WPPlugin_FillInVTable called: vtable_base
>wordcount.C:WPPlugin_FillInVTable called: vtable_base
>wordcount.C:WPPlugin_FillInVTable called: vtable_doc
>
>** WARNING **: file gtkwidget.c: line 2915 (gtk_widget_set_events): "!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)"
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GnomeApp' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkDrawingArea' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkDrawingArea' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkDrawingArea' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkDrawingArea' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkButton' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkButton' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>** WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkButton' to `GtkWindowType'
>
>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>0x400ed0d0 in gtk_object_check_cast ()
>Current language:  auto; currently c
>(gdb)
>** ERROR **: sigterm caught
>Terminated
>[1]  + Exit 1                        gwp
>
>** ERROR **: sighup caught

The end of this one was because gwp didn't let Enlightenment control the
desktop - probably through grabbing the mouse.  I ended up telneting in
and killing gwp and (though not needed) gdb.

Hope some of this helps.  These are just two of the applications.  Panel
died on startup and gwp died after selecting Properties from the File
menu.
--
--Jim Smith