Re: Compiling CVS

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, James Smith wrote:

> OK y'all.  I'm almost desparate here.  From reading the email on this
> list, it appears the anon CVS tree is working enough for people to
> actually run the programs.  I haven't been able to do that for a few
> weeks now - even removed ALL my gnomecvs stuff and got the tree again.
> Currently, I get an 'Illegal Instruction' on all the programs I try to
> run.

If the panel is giving you SIGILL, then do the following:

% cd ~/cvs/gnome/gnome-core/panel
% gdb ./panel
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-redhat-linux), Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) run
(SOME CRAP HERE)
SIGILL caught
(gdb) backtrace

This will spit out a backtrace.  Post that here.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net