Re: Compiling CVS - some gdb output

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, James Smith wrote:

> Here's the output for panel...
(...)
> >Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> >0x400ed0d0 in gtk_object_check_cast ()
> >Current language:  auto; currently c
> >(gdb)
> >** ERROR **: sigterm caught
> >Terminated
> >[1]  + Exit 1                        gwp
> >
> >** ERROR **: sighup caught
>
> The end of this one was because gwp didn't let Enlightenment control the
> desktop - probably through grabbing the mouse.  I ended up telneting in
> and killing gwp and (though not needed) gdb.

Hmm; you did not get a backtrace.  If this is locking your X display, then
maybe you could do the following:

% telnet machine
% export DISPLAY=:0.0
% gdb gwp

and then, once the TERM is caught, do a backtrace.

Just do:

(gdb) backtrace

and post the results here.

--
Todd Graham Lewis            32°49'N,83°36'W          (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net