Re: problems and questions...

Check /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib to see if you have the files
libgtk-1.1.so.1 and libgdk-1.1.so.1

The gnome-guile-0.27 and gmc-4.1.35 packages seem to be expecting an
outdated installation of GNOME.  Therefore your best bet is probably to
download and install
ftp://ftp.jimpick.com/pub/mirrors/gnome/redhat/archive/i386/gtk+-1.1.1-1.i38
6.rpm as that appears to be the slightly outdated version of gtk needed by
the two RPMs.  :)

The other choices are to recompile from source or beg the GNOME people to
release newer RPMs of gmc and gnome-guile.

Jesse D. Sightler
http://www3.pair.com/jsight/