problems and questions...

Hello,

Okay, several people suggested that I try upgrading to the newest release
of balsa to get that to install, and that has worked.  However, I am still
getting the same errors when I try to install gnome-guile and gmc:

[root@crush gtemp]# rpm -ivh gnome-guile-0.27-1.i386.rpm
failed dependencies:
        libgdk-1.1.so.1 is needed by gnome-guile-0.27-1
        libgtk-1.1.so.1 is needed by gnome-guile-0.27-1
[root@crush gtemp]# rpm -ivh gmc-4.1.35-3.i386.rpm
failed dependencies:
        libgdk-1.1.so.1 is needed by gmc-4.1.35-3
        libgtk-1.1.so.1 is needed by gmc-4.1.35-3

I have checked and double-checked, and I have all of the proper files (at
least, those listed on the gnome webpage) installed.  Would it simply be
easier to build these two packages from the source instead?  A little
input on this would be very helpful.

One final error, which is presumeably related to the fact that I have two
packages uninstalled.  When I go to run background-properties, I get this:

[matt@crush matt]$ background-properties
Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigpipe caught

Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigint caught

I can only get out by hitting ctrl-C.

Again, as usual, many thanks to anyone and everyone who can offer me help!

Matt Singerman               | "If you can't fix it with duct tape,
messt66+@pitt.edu            |  it's fucked."
http://www.pitt.edu/~messt66 |   -- Politikill Incorrect