Re: adding session-management to a wm

Looks like my last reply was rather badly timed.

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:

> In essence, the way it works is that a client is supposed to
> put it's session manager ID in the SM_CLIENT_ID property on
> the client leader window. [...]

Aha, I see.  Makes more sense now.  Thanks for the pointer.

> All GDK windows are, by default members of a single group
> with the leader window being a special window created by
> GDK for that purpose. [...] However, it would be much more
> convenient to be able to set this at the GTK level - which
> is in my short-term plans for adding to GTK.

I assume this means that existing apps such as the GIMP in
fact already do use window-groups (all image windows &c
presumably being in the same group as the main window).
In which case, I guess I really should get around to adding
support in wmx.

Chris