Installing gnome the easy way.

I've noticed that people have a hard time installing gnome from the
sources. But I've found the easy way. When I tried to install gnome a
couple of days ago, it kept giving me some error that I knew nothing
about and had no idea how to fix. Well I decided to completely
re-install linux. After re-installing Red Hat 5.1(with no gnome stuff) I
got all the sources from the CVS server. After about 4 hours of
compiling(cause my computer is a little slow) All of the gnome sources
were compiled and installed into my /gnome directory and all of
enlightenment was installed as well. I even used egcs to optimize it.
There were absolutely no problems. I pretty much compiled one part right
after the other. So if you are having problems and don't care so much
about your current installation, then re-installing linux is one way to
make gnome installation easy.

A small complaint though. With a lot of the source code there are crap
warnings. things ranging from unused variable, to possibly uninitialized
variable. I hate these warnings. I realize that this is software that is
under development, but these warnings take 3 seconds to fix. I think
they should all be fixed. Another thing what is the AC_TRY_RUN warning
about not being run with the default option for cross compilation. Is
there a way to get fix those, cause there's an awful lot of 'em in some
parts of the gnome compilation.

-- Jason S. Moore