Re: Installing gnome the easy way.

I have to say that re-installing Linux is not an option. I should be
able to install software on top of my existing Linux without
problems, otherwise we're entering the realm of M$... Where
installing a "notepad" program might set your computer on fire. ;)

I think there is a problem in the install process for gnome.  Linux is
started to move into the "ease-of-use" direction because of all the
attention it's been getting from the media and the corporate world.
Gnome should not be an exception to that.  I realize many people
have gotten gnome to install properly, but at the same time, I see
many people complaining about not being able to.   There should
be some sort of a universal install prog/script which checks the pre-
requisites, gets what's missing, and installs the software.  Any
takers?

Well.. That's just my $0.02 (CDN) after spending 15 hours trying to
figure out why gnome-libs doesn't install. :)

Mitch.