[gnome-guile/guile-gtk]: Dynamic linking on FreeBSD is working

Hello guys,

dynamic linking of guile-gtk should now be working on FreeBSD - just
tested this like this:

     guile -s ~/gnomecvs/gnome-guile/guile-gnome/canvas-test.scm

You probably need a shared libintl.so and you probably also need to
add this to bindtextdomain.c before doing the link:

	char *
	bindtextdomain (const char *a, const char *b)
	{
	  return BINDTEXTDOMAIN(a,b);
	}

Martin

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Gnome CVS User wrote:

> To: cvs-commits-list@gnome.org, gnome-cvs-commits@dagon.mandrake.net
> Subject: GNOME CVS: gnome-guile martin
> From: Gnome CVS User <gnomecvs@cvs.labs.redhat.com>
>
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/gnome
> Module name:	gnome-guile
> Changes by:	martin	98/10/24 17:44:21
>
> Modified files:
> 	guile-gtk      : ChangeLog NEWS gdk.defs guiledlopenhelper.c
> 	guile-gtk/gtk  : dynlink.scm
>
> Log message:
> 1998-10-24  Martin Baulig  <martin@home-of-linux.org>
>
> We cannot rely upon the fact that dlopen () is doing the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH search for us, this is not the fact on BSD-like
> systems.
>
> * guiledlopenhelper.c (sgtk_dlopen): This function now takes an
> additional parameter which is the full pathname of the library,
> it is only used	on systems where dlopen () requires a full path
> name. Otherwise we let dlopen () do the LD_LIBRARY_PATH search.
>
> * gtk/dynlink.scm (search-path-extended): New function.
> (search-path): First try to find the library without a version
> suffix, if this	fails we call `search-path-extended' to find things
> like /usr/lib/libm.so.2.0 when there's no /usr/lib/libm.so.
> (dlopen-libtool-library): Don't call %sgtk-dlopen () if the library
> cannot be found.
> (init-dlopen-funcs): Call `find-soname' for "libguiledlopenhelper"
> and use the full pathname in the call to `dynamic-link'.
>
> * NEWS: Added note that dynamic linking is working on FreeBSD.

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/