Re: orbit-name-server and esd

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Andrew Clausen wrote:

> I think esd should be started by init.  When a user logs in, it claims
> ownership of esd.  Then when the user logs out, it "disowns" it.
> Does this sound right?

Not here...

Some people may not want to use esd at all, and some people may not be
permitted to access the sound device. You're also adding another
(possible/likely) security hole.

It should be started by gnome-session when the user logs in and killed by
gnome-session when the user logs out.
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg