Re: orbit-name-server and esd

raster@redhat.com wrote:

> On 24 Nov, Andrew Clausen scribbled:
> ->  I think esd should be started by init.  When a user logs in, it claims ownership of esd.  Then
> ->  when the user logs out, it "disowns" it.  Does this sound right?
>
> that is how it should work - at least in a proper distribution setup
> environment.

How should this be done?  Should we have a process in gnome-session that claims ownership, and sits.
When it gets killed by gnome-session, it traps it, and disowns esd.

Or can gnome-session have a section for "shutdown" - programs to run when shutting down?

How exactly does gnome-session kill things, anyway?  Are there any good docs an ICE?

Andrew Clausen