newbee: cvs libart_lgpl missing ?

Hi...

 Last week i started to play with the gnome-cvs. So far i got the
 autogen.sh running ( thanks sorben ! ), but now i got a problem i
 can't solve myself.

 Facts:
 I checked out(modules): ORBit esound gnome-core gnome-objc gtk+
 libgtop audiofile glib gnome-libs imlib

 I think i protected the cvs-tree from interference with the normal
 rh-5.1 packets ( #include <blahfasel.h> ) to avoid version mismatch
 so far... ?!

 compiled && installed:
 ORBit, esound, audiofile (because i was to lazy to figure out how to
 disable is, imho a computer should be silent... ;-) gtk+, imlib,
 glib.

 gnome-libs:
 Running './autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/gnome/
 --with-gtk-prefix=/usr/local/gnome/
 --with-glib-prefix=/usr/local/gnome/'
 automake complains: 'Makefile.am:21: required directory ./libart_lgpl
 does not exist' ...and its right, there is no dir with that name...
 Changelog tells me that libart_lgpl has been intgrated on Nov 18, and
 that i should look in 'libart_lgpl/ChangeLog for libart-specific
 change entries.' ... em, err... there is no libart directory...

 request for enlightment:
 - did i forget to check out something ? Is there an 'official' sequence
   of compile and install ?
 - is there a rule of thumb to find out about dependencies between the
   gnome modules ?
 - whats did i do wrong ? choose a bad day to check out cvs ? ;-)
 - is there a URL with an introduction to the internal lyrics of gnome
   (last Monday i typed rm -rf ./kde_cvs...) ?
 - what to do in this special case ?
 - is there a volunteer to help me to get the cvs-gnome running ?
   (promise: The questions will be gnome-cvs-specific, i know what to do
   if there is a: '/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x36): undefined reference to
   `main''-error ;-)); i think i gonna log that to newbee.html ?!
 - additional advice ?

 MfG / CU
 Christoph

--
eMail:
Christoph dot Kliemt at fernuni-hagen dot de