Re: Changing the lang by an application

Tom Tromey <> writes:

> What do other UI systems do?  Can you change the language on the fly
> in Windows?

Don't know about M$, but other UI systems I've seen can do this.

> I personally hate the idea of logging out and back in to effect any
> change.  I think this ought to be a rule (and, therefore, I've changed
> my position on hot-switching languages).

I'm also all for this possibility.  Just imagine that my machine (and
the desktop) stays up for a long time and I get a new translation (or
the first translation) and want to use it.

---------------.      drepper at  ,-.   1325 Chesapeake Terrace
Cygnus Solutions `--' drepper at   `------------------------