Re: building from CVS... some thoughts

On 31 Oct 1998 14:31:59 -600, Michael Harnois <>

>I'm responding to the attitude, expressed to
>*another* person who had a simple question he needed answered, that says
>"We shouldn't have to be bothered with newbie questions because we're
>too important."

I'm pretty sure I didn't phrase it quite like that.  What I said was the it
is alpha code for developers and making it easy for end users to install
at this point shouldn't IMO be a priority.

When Gnome gets to beta it will need beta testers to find bugs, but it's
not there yet.

Steven Blunt