Re: SESSION_MANAGER environment vriable not defined (was Gnome compliant window manager)

DrWhat> Comment 1: gnome-session --help segfaults...

Hmm... this works for me.  Could you run it under gdb and send me a
stack trace?

DrWhat> Comment 2: Shouldn't gnome-session try to start up something
DrWhat> (an xterm, *something*) if nothing is in the session file?

gnome-session should already do this, too.  It does for me.

Actually, it only does if there isn't a session file at all.  If you
have an empty session file, it will behave as you write.  Maybe it
should use the default session if no clients are run from the session
file?

DrWhat> Also: I wouldn't suppose you'd know why the panel isn't put in
DrWhat> the session file (and therefor not restarted?)...at least if I
DrWhat> exit via panel's logout, it isn't saved.

This is a bug somewhere, probably the panel.  It's already in the bug
database.  At some point I'll look at it.

I'm very open to other comments about the session manager.  I can't
promise I'll implement anything, but I do like to hear ideas.

Tom