Re: idl and gnome-core

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Colin> First off, gnome-core seems to be growing a fair amount in
> Colin> size...i'm all for pruning it back, and adding a separate
> Colin> gnome-applets section.
>
> Is size the only reason?
> I personally don't think that is a big deal.

Another way to look at it is that the more components we have in
gnome-core, the harder it'll be to get it _all_ compiled.  Every
time we add another applet (or make changes to the existing
ones), we risk introducing another bug into gnome-core.

Wouldn't it be better to keep the gnome-core more streamlined and
stable so it's easier to get GNOME up and running initially?

John