Re: idl and gnome-core

John> Another way to look at it is that the more components we have in
John> gnome-core, the harder it'll be to get it _all_ compiled.  Every
John> time we add another applet (or make changes to the existing
John> ones), we risk introducing another bug into gnome-core.

John> Wouldn't it be better to keep the gnome-core more streamlined
John> and stable so it's easier to get GNOME up and running initially?

Whatever.

I guess I'm in the minority as I never have problems compiling things.

I've always expected most users (once we get an actual release out)
will grab binary releases and not source releases.

Anyway, I'd rather fix bugs in the build process instead of paper over
them by splitting distributions.  YMMV.

I agree that fixing the build process doesn't happen as efficiently as
possible.  I guess that's something else to fix!

Tom