Re: Device (un)mount applet

Zack> I also seem to remember some utilities floating around that
Zack> allow the physical ejection of Zip disks, CDROM drives, and
Zack> Sparc floppies - it would be a very good idea to use these.

My Linux box has an "eject" command.  As I recall, so does SunOS.

Zack> Any thoughts on automounting drives?

Some OSs can do this already.  I seem to recall that my Linux box used
to do this before I upgraded the OS; I haven't tried to reconfigure it
that way since then.

I don't like autorun.

These things seem to be properties of some layer lower than the
desktop environment.

Tom