Wherefore a word processor?

Hello, all!

    No doubt as hundreds of programmers using Linux have done before
me, it struck me that what the world needs most is a WYSIWYG word
processor for Linux. Having at least a modicum of intelligence, I
assumed someone must have thought the same thing before me, and I went
digging for mentions of active word processing projects for Linux to
see if I could lend a hand.

    I found mentions of XWord, a word processor previously produced
and maintained by the folks at Hungry Products. But their web page
says that XWord is now called GWP and has been rolled into GNOME.

    However, I couldn't find any mention of GWP in the past few
months' archives for this list, or on the GNOME web site. No doubt my
search was not completely exhaustive, so please forgive any
oversights.

    So what is the current status of GWP? Is there a team actively
working on it? Is there a seperate mailing list for the project? Any
info would be appreciated.

    Mark Aiken