Re: Compiling mc: libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'

On 17 May 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Again, do you have an mc/intl directory?  Is there anything in it?  On
> systems with a bad libintl, a working libintl should be built there.
> What sort of system do you have?

Got it! For the sake of others having the same problem:

Remove/rename your libintl.a in /usr/local/lib and libintl.h in
/usr/local/include. Don't forget to make clean, remove config.cache, and
configure before re-making. I now have a working (albeit buggy) gmc on my
box.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --