MC and the desktop

May I note to the mc developers that while mc is running and there are icons
on the root window, any movement over the window causes serious CPU usage
(and I can use my cpuload applet to check! ha!) and generally slows things
down. The panel takes a while to hide and fvwm window opaque-moves are also
very slow (meaning they "stick" and "jerk" instead of moving smoothly). Is
this because of some display update code running every time part of the root
window is exposed/hidden? If yes, it could use some serious optimization.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --