Re: Setting LANG environment variable..

>> I have little experience with KDE, but I heard that KDE has a
>> `language select menu`.  (If you know what component of KDE has it,
>> please tell me.)

>> Users can select their native language from the language list,
>> English, French, Korean, Spanish, ...  without knowing about
>> `export LANG=??'.

>> IMHO, it would be also useful for GNOME.

I added the basic infrastructure for this.  Now somebody needs to
write the actual selector.  (I might do it, but probably not in the
next few days.)

My implementation puts the user's preferred language into the config
database.  Each Gnome application checks this key at startup and uses
it to set the appropriate (I think) environment variables.  This info
in turn is fed into setlocale().

You can override the config database using the standard environment
variables.

Hot switching is not supported.  (Nor do I think it should be.)  That
is, if you change the language setting, it only affects programs
started subsequently.

Tom