panel swallowing fvwm2 pager and other apps?

Dudes, I am about to chuck my fvwm2 task bar in favour of the GNOME
panel, but I need to know a couple of things:

1. Can you swallow things that are not panel applets?  I'm interested
   in swallowing xload until someone puts the integer marker lines in
   the GNOME load applet.

2. Can I swallow fvwm2's pager in the panel?  I guess I could even do
   without, since I have key bindings, but I'd rather have it in the
   panel.