Re: Setting LANG environment variable..

On 13 May 1998, Changwoo Ryu wrote:

> I have little experience with KDE, but I heard that KDE has a
> `language select menu`.  (If you know what component of KDE has it,
> please tell me.)
>
> Users can select their native language from the language list,
> English, French, Korean, Spanish, ...  without knowing about `export
> LANG=??'.
>
> IMHO, it would be also useful for GNOME.

All it does is signal the top-level app to "export LANG=foo"; there's
a disclaimer that only programs launched after setting the language
will inherit the proper setting, and that indeed is the behaviour.

Something analogous in GNOME would be pretty easy to do.  FWIW, I think
that the POSIX internationalization stuff is tres cool; I'm glad that
GNOME & GNU are using it.

--
Todd Graham Lewis        Manager of Web Engineering    (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******          MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net