Re: First impressions - USER report

> > Can you be more specific about what is slow?
> >
> > Right now CORBA is only used by the panel applets.  If something else
> > seems slow, then it is not MICO's fault.
> >
> Startup of the panel applets. They were OK once started, but
> initially...

well ithas several reasons really .... we have a few X apps starting at
once, I haven't yet figured out a way to at least partly order them
so that we wait till one starts up before starting another ... well
I dunno ..

the other thing is mico which is inherently slow ...

another problem is just that tehre are several processes started ...
this should be partly cured with multiple applet processes which
should be comming soon ... then one process will handle several
applets and even different applet types ...

George