Re: The Mascot + Well Deserved Praise

On 8 May 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> On to the truly serious and important matter, though: speaking as one
> who actually runs the Fish applet, I feel that Wanda the Fish should
> be the "Offishal" Gnome Mascot.  (Though to be honest I'd prefer a
> name other than "Wanda".  But I won't carp about it.)

(politely ignoring the puns :)

I have to say that I've never run the panel much, but I've been running it
non-stop since Wanda the Fish arrived, so you aren't alone. Her three
animation frames are strangely fascinating. She really uses very little
CPU, and is no trouble at all. My only complaint is that her name should
be "gfish." ;-)

Havoc