Re: The Mascot + Well Deserved Praise

  rhp> On 8 May 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:
  >>  On to the truly serious and important matter, though: speaking
  >> as one who actually runs the Fish applet, I feel that Wanda the
  >> Fish should be the "Offishal" Gnome Mascot.  (Though to be honest
  >> I'd prefer a name other than "Wanda".  But I won't carp about
  >> it.)

  rhp> (politely ignoring the puns :)

  rhp> I have to say that I've never run the panel much, but I've been
  rhp> running it non-stop since Wanda the Fish arrived, so you aren't
  rhp> alone. Her three animation frames are strangely
  rhp> fascinating. She really uses very little CPU, and is no trouble
  rhp> at all. My only complaint is that her name should be "gfish."
  rhp> ;-)

I vote for ghoti!

(For non-English natives:

gh - /f/ as in enough
o  - /i/ as in women
ti - /sh/ as in patience

;-)

-Larry
--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/