Re: Internationalization

Ville Hautamaki wrote:

> On Tue, May 05, 1998 at 07:51:00AM +0200, Dewit Gert wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can somebody tell me if there is something done about
> > internationalization for the gnome project ?
> > Maybe it's time to start some pages about it on www.gnome.org so that
> > developers are aware of the
> > provisions they have to take in their programs.
> > We should get some kind of organization for the translations, a standard
>
> IMHO what is needed is standard way of translating gnome terminology to
> each language. Examples can be found from other Linux translation initiatives.
> We (Finnish Gnome Guys = FGG) are going to put some pages about translating
> gnome to Finnish, that will help future finnish translators in their task.
>
> > way of handling strings,
> > a central message repositry, ...

Would it be possible to put it up at www.gnome.org under devel
(hint to webmaster@gnome.org)

Anyway we'll have to setup a list of who doing what language.

If there aren't any volonteers to do the Dutch translations, I can help out.

Greetings,
--
mailto:Gert.Dewit@skynet.be
http://users.skynet.be/hobbiton/