Re: Imlib 1.4 dependency on CVS gtk+

On  5 May, Tristan Tarrant shouted:
->  I do a daily CVS update of most of the stuff on the Gnome repository
->  (including gtk, imlib, gnome-*).
->
->  I recompile all of this stuff regularly, apart from gtk. I want to keep gtk
->  available system-wide for non-Gnome apps (i.e. GIMP), and I want to stay at
->  1.0.x.
->  However the CVS version of Imlib, tries to access two members of
->  GdkWindowPrivate which do not exist in Gtk 1.0.x.
->  I think this is unacceptable. I don't want to use the CVS gtk (and I should
->  not be forced to).

in that case use an older version of imlib. gdk_imlib is almost
intrinsically tied to gdk's development since it sits somewhere
straddling between Xlib through gdk and above gdk in the layers of the
API... (this is necessary). If certain crucial internals of gdk change
Imlib needs to change alongside it.

->  Can a configure check be added to compile Imlib without those bits if it
->  finds a gtk 1.0.x ?

no. use gtk from cvs or die. :)

no seriously.. gtk had some internal changes that affected imlib - to
put it simply.. it crashed every app using imlib. the last few days
have been like this since some major internal changes in gtk missed a
few cases in the gdk api that only imlib used, thus everyhitng in gtk
worked except imlib or anyting using it.. it thus required a change. If
you think you're having a bad day - I've had to keep up with these and
fix things the last few days... also imlib is undergoing an audit from
our esteemed Mr Cox right now :) if u sit and wait for a bit andgrin
and bear it it will work out fine.

->  Tristan
->
->  --
->  Tristan Tarrant                                      ttarrant@etnoteam.it
->  Questa e' la mia signature. Ce ne sono tante come questa, ma questa e' mia.
->
->

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------