File system standard?

Is there a file system standard that specifies where gnome is to be
installed?  I got the nightly RPMs and everything was installed in
/usr.  If X is in /usr/X11R6, and CDE is in /usr/dt, and Openwindows
is in /usr/openwin, then shouldn't gnome be in /usr/gnome?  It would
have to be added to various paths, but I don't think things like ee
and gnomine are really the types of programs that belong in /usr/bin.

I'd recommend the following:

/usr/gnome/bin
/usr/gnome/lib
/usr/gnome/man
/usr/gnome/doc
/usr/gnome/include

/usr/include/gnome* -> /usr/gnome/include/gnome*

I realize that rpm removes much of the need for segregation, but I
think this would make life better.

Just my $.02

-Eric

--