Re: pb running panel

On Fri, 1 May 1998, George wrote:

>Quoting Junichi Saito (j.saito@wanadoo.fr):
>>
>> Each time I try to run panel, all I get, after a moment, is the following:
>>
>> ** ERROR **: Could not talk to the Panel: Can't talk to a panel
>
>th epanel probably crashes and then the applets it started can't talk to
>it and die
>
>so for some reason it doesn't wanna start up ... does it segfault?

No, but some other applications (such as gedit) do, indeed. Some others
seem to work fairly well.

After doing 'strace panel', I found some lines saying :

   access(ptrace: umoven: I/O error
   (...)
   open(ptrace: umoven: I/O error

Any idea?

BTW, I wasn't expecting any answer at all. I observed the postings for a
while, and had the impression (I hope I am wrong) that the "dumb"
questions of this kind were kindly ignored by those who have succeeded :)

junichi