Re: File system standard?

Eric> Is there a file system standard that specifies where gnome is to
Eric> be installed?

Nope, this is up to the package builders.

So for the RPMs, the appropriate person at Red Hat decides where
everything goes.

I don't think Gnome should specify where exactly things should be put.
We should just continue what we are already doing: use configure and
let the builder decide.

Eric> I realize that rpm removes much of the need for segregation, but
Eric> I think this would make life better.

I'm curious to know how.

Tom