Re: gnome-stock pixmaps

On 29 Apr 1998, Ben Darnell wrote:

> Gnome dialogs should have three buttons: apply, close, and help.

Ohh no! I've seen this in the panel, I don't really understand why you
would like a help button, why not use Win95 thingy, with RMB click to
bring up a menu with explainations.

Why is it so important with a help button in every singel dialog? Most
lusers which they are implemented for wont click them anyway. That's the
expression I get from whatching beginners using Win95.

On gnomes UI in general; most of it really looks like a bad excuse to
bring the  Win3.11 GUI back in bussiness. With one exception ee, Raster
did a great job design that app.

Say after me; small, slim and fast GUIs.

--
Erik Johansson, one of those sloppy students
A big QNX, Linux/x86/m68k Amiga and BeOS fan