Re: spell checking

Kenneth> Have an attribute in gtk's text and entry widgets that turns
Kenneth> on and off an on-the-fly spell checker.

I think it's better to write a subclass for something like this.

Kenneth> A libispell wouldn't be bad idea either... :)

For something like this, I prefer CORBA.  That way we could substitute
a different spelling checker if we were so motivated.

Also it's possible to see the spelling checker as just one potential
service of many that editors (of various sorts: text, word processors,
html editors, etc) would want to make available.

CORBA would let us do this in a uniform, extensible way.  E.g., we'd
make a GnomeTextService class from which the spell checker and other
services would inherit.

Right now I don't have good examples of other text-editing services.
So it's possible there's no real need for this.

Tom