Re: spell checking

> Kenneth> Have an attribute in gtk's text and entry widgets that turns
> Kenneth> on and off an on-the-fly spell checker.
>
> I think it's better to write a subclass for something like this.
>
> Kenneth> A libispell wouldn't be bad idea either... :)
>
> For something like this, I prefer CORBA.  That way we could substitute
> a different spelling checker if we were so motivated.

I guess CORBA would work.  I'm just kind of old fashion I guess. :)

> Also it's possible to see the spelling checker as just one potential
> service of many that editors (of various sorts: text, word processors,
> html editors, etc) would want to make available.

Yeah...  Actually, a default right click menu on every textbox would be
nice; it would have all the services (including simple ones, like just
"insert text").  Then programs could add to that menu or over-ride it
entirely.

hmmmm...

> CORBA would let us do this in a uniform, extensible way.  E.g., we'd
> make a GnomeTextService class from which the spell checker and other
> services would inherit.

I guess...

> Right now I don't have good examples of other text-editing services.
> So it's possible there's no real need for this.

Grammar checking... stuff like that... Get a copy of word perfect, and
you'll have lots of good ideas. :)

- --

 H3C-N--C=N      | Kenneth R. Kinder, aka Bouncing
"code=caffiene*hours"
      \==/       | Ken@KenAndTed.com  http://www.KenAndTed.com/KensBookmark
/
    O=<__>N-C3H  |
  H3C-N \\O      |                   Ken & Ted's Software
_________________| http://www.KenAndTed.com/
Software@KenAndTed.com