Re: libgnomeui projects (was: spell checking)

Havoc> there should be stock menuitems for "About..." etc. with the
Havoc> right number of trailing dots and translations

I suggested this once, but it was rejected.  I believe the grounds
were that some stock menu items wouldn't have fixed labels, so none of
them should.  I'm probably misrepresenting the argument against here
-- I've mostly forgotten it, and I'm getting sleepy.

Havoc> The policy being enforced probably has to be written, too. :)
Havoc> Something which describes the File, Edit, Window, Help menus in
Havoc> detail: what's on them in what order.

I forgot who (sorry!), but somebody is maintaining the Style Guide.
I agree that we should describe all the policy decisions we make;
these should be sent to him for inclusion in the Guide.

Ideally, I suppose, we'd make the decisions before actually writing
the code...

Tom