Error Compiling gnome-libs

The configure script runs fine, however, once I start compiling it spits out the
following error.
                 gnome-fileconvert.c: In function `gfc_read_FileConverters':
                 gnome-fileconvert.c:96: `g_str_hash' undeclared (first use this
                                                   function)
                 gnome-fileconvert.c:96: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
                                                   only once for each function
                                                    it appears in.)
                  gnome-fileconvert.c:96: `g_str_equal' undeclared (first use
                                                     this function)
                   make[2]: *** [gnome-fileconvert.lo] Error 1
                   make[2]: Leaving directory
                                `/home/mwagner/gnome-libs-0.13/libgnome'
                   make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                   make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mwagner/gnome-libs-0.13'
                   make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Then I am dumped back to the prompt, any ideas on what is going on here ??
Thanks,
                 Matt Wagner