Re: Compiling problems - please help

On 29 Mar 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> >> That constant is defined in 'limits.h'.
>
> Andreas> Yes, i checked it out with a short program and that find
> Andreas> INT_MAX. It seems to be one of that thousand of #ifdef's in
> Andreas> that file.
>
> Could you find out why the definition of INT_MAX isn't seen when
> compiling gnome-string.c?  That would let us fix the bug permanently.

I had this same problem, and narrowed it down to /usr/X11R6/include/ being
in the include path twice. As to why having it in the include path twice
caused INT_MAX to not be seen I don't know... I was just happy to comment
one of them out in the Makefiles.

However, I remember that there was a limits.h in that directory as well as
in /usr/include/, but a cursory examination didn't reveal why it messing
things up (INT_MAX is in there too). I am running XFree86 3.3.1. If you
want I can look into it further tonight, but right now I have to leave for
uni.

cya,
Chalky

  //------=[ Chalky -- sometimes known as Stephen Davies ]=------\\