Please help me with gnome

After alomost 5 days of trying and trying and failing and trying again
to compile gnome-core, I finally was able to compile and install it, but
I get these errors in return as gnome's gratitude ;)
please help me, I dunno what the heck gnome is doing to my computer.

errors of panel

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-up.xpm" line 16

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-up.xpm" line 17

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-up.xpm" line 18

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-up.xpm" line 19

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-up.xpm" line 20

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-down.xpm" line 25

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-down.xpm" line 26
** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-down.xpm" line 27

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-down.xpm" line 28

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-modem-down.xpm" line 29

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-up.xpm" line 34

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-up.xpm" line 35

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-up.xpm" line 36

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-up.xpm" line 37

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-up.xpm" line 38
** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-down.xpm" line 43

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-down.xpm" line 44

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-down.xpm" line 45

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-down.xpm" line 46

** WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"netwatch-net-down.xpm" line 47
Is PNG
Native PNG Loader
TRANSP
Is PNG
Native PNG Loader

** ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Aborted (core dumped)

This is the error I get from gnome-help-browser

message: Session management was disabled at compile-time
M: Session Manager not detected
E: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Aborted (core dumped)

I'm sorry for this long long mail, but I'm really desperate for help, I
hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance.