Re: no gnome here (f^!#$(^% mico!)

On 19 Mar 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> >> i get all sorts of undefined references to functions. i've posted
> >> errors to this list, mico lists, and nobody even answers.
>
> Miguel> Your post from March has been answered by Tom Tromey and by
> Miguel> Raja Harinath.
>

> FWIW, I do try to response to the build problems as best I can.
> However, I probably miss some.  Not getting an answer doesn't mean
> nobody cares.  It just means that either nobody has a clue about your
> problem, or that your message got lost in the deluge.
>
> The same build problems seem to come up fairly frequently.  It would
> be helpful if people would look at the archives before asking a
> question about a build problem.
>
> I don't want to discourage people from asking questions.  The build
> system is complicated, and not everybody wants to become an autoconf
> expert.  Still, the time you spend doing a little archive-browsing is
> time we can spend hacking and not answering...

well, i got mico to compile and explained the problem in a previous post
to this list. on a similar note..

i was having trouble with configure giving me AM_PROG_LIBTOOL: command not
found. if anyone else has this (gimp won't compile if that happens), it's
probably because automake doesn't look for libtool in /usr/local/bin, and
you may have installed it there.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |