Re: LaTeX widget?

Hello again,

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, I asked about a LaTeX widget. I got a lot of answers
and good ideas. The fact that I don't want to reinvent the wheel and that
I have not that much time made me move to the LyX discussion list. Perhaps
I can help there to provide a gnome frontend when LyX 13.0 is out.

As far as I have seen from the mailing list archive at the lyx site the
port of LyX to kde is not very welcome. The most developers are
disapointed of the behavior of Matthias Ettrich. Perhaps this gives a
shift towards 13.0. Gtk was mentioned as a possible reference
implementation.

Since I did not followed the discussion on the list I don't know about the
plans plans about splitting LyX into a gui dependent and independent
part. It came to my mind if CORBA could help within this question. But I
know nothing about CORBA. I will read through the documentation. If
there are suggestions, feel free to bother me. First I will have to see
what the plans in the LyX project are.

About gwp, I will have a look through the source as far as I get
gnome-0.13 up and running. The build process isn't that easy :-). Aren't
there any .debs around?

I will keep you informed about a possible port of LyX to GNOME.

Dirk