Re: file manager

Miguel> I would love to use automake, if there is some way to sort out
Miguel> the hackish build setup we have on there.  The base edition
Miguel> (text mode) gets compiled in the src directory.  Then the GUI
Miguel> editions (Gnome, Tk and XView) get compiled in their own
Miguel> directories but they get symbolic links to all of the src C
Miguel> files and header files.

Does it have to be this way?  (I've only skimmed the surface of the MC
source.)  For instance, could you instead build the MC core as a
library, and then simply have different front ends?

You might be able to get automake to do what you want, but it won't be
very pretty.  If the effort involved in changing the source to support
a cleaner build is small, then I think that would probably pay off in
the long term.

Tom