Re: Gnome Status Report

> 	genius 6.
> 		Switching to scientific mode & back gives warnings:
> ** WARNING **: file gdkfont.c: line 195 (gdk_string_width): "string != NULL"
> 		Also needs to resize properly, etc.

the interface needs a rewrite I would say .... that's only a small part
of the code ... the engine is pretty much working (except for the fact
that imaginray number support isn't complete and it's missing a whole
bunch of scientific functions ... plus a cleanup of the calc.c interface
code ...

I have a couple of things I want to do to the engine if I get to it
anytime .... so I won't work on the GUI even if I will do some work on
genius .... if anyone wants a go at rewriting the gui (genius.c) go
right ahead ... (or at least making it work right) ... also if anyone
wishes to write some docs .. there is a temporary README file in the
dir, which at least partly explains what it does .... or maybe making
the power function work nicer would also be good (right now it's
sometimes slower on my alpha533 then on my ti85 ... that's teh only
real slow code in tehre now ... everything else should be quite
fast (whatever is using gmp that is):)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!