Re: Gnome and WM

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Hendrik Seffler wrote:
> kluster <canona@usa.net> schrieb:
>
> > background-properties --init &
> > keyboard-properties --init &
> > mouse-properties --init &
> > panel &
> > exec wmaker

gnome-session is missing;
wmaker&
exec gnome-session

gnome-session also runs some things automatically, this could cause
problems with the things you've run manually. gnome-session could use a
config GUI maybe.

> GNOME lacks windowmanager-integration at the moment.

(pretty much true)

> X does not shut
> down when I log off in the panel. Session-managemant does not work.

But these two things are supposed to work. Are you exec'ing gnome-session
in your .xsession? Then you should get at least semi-working session
management.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp