Re: Gnome and WM

robert havoc pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu> schrieb:

> gnome-session is missing;
> wmaker&
> exec gnome-session
> gnome-session also runs some things automatically, this could cause
> problems with the things you've run manually. gnome-session could use a
> config GUI maybe.

Hmmm, yes. Actually I never thought about putting the WM in the
background and invocing "gnome-session" then. Well, now the panel and
gmc are started up my session-management.

But, well, this triggers another problem: when I log off via the
panel, all apps are closed and show up right again. Logging off a
second time now closes X. Wrong configuration here or a bug of GNOME?

--
 Hendrik Seffler · hendrik@xion.owl.de · http://home.pages.de/~seffler/