Re: Gnome and WM

kluster <canona@usa.net> schrieb:

> background-properties --init &
> keyboard-properties --init &
> mouse-properties --init &
> panel &
> exec wmaker

http://doors.cybertrails.com/gnomemaker/ holds some information about
using windowmaker together with GNOME. However this page only gives
basic information.

I don't see what's wrong about your settings since I use a similar
setup. I run "gmc &" and "panel &" right before starting wmaker. But I
moved all the properties-stuff to
~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart, so that it is run _after_ the
windowmanager. If I put these calls to .xinitrc, wmaker always
overwrites my wonderful background-settings with its own.

GNOME lacks windowmanager-integration at the moment. X does not shut
down when I log off in the panel. Session-managemant does not work.
But I think this will be improving soon.

--
 Hendrik Seffler · hendrik@xion.owl.de · http://home.pages.de/~seffler/