Using clists + wishlist

This should probably go to the gtklist, but

Is there any way to "deactivate" rows in a clist?  Right now
I call gtk_clist_unselect_row() from the select_row callback.

As for wishes:

1) I'd like to be able to include vertical lines to distinguish
columns a little better.
2) I'd like to highlight a column somehow.  Maybe change the
background color or even just display the column title button
as clicked.

 I love Saturday morning cartoons, what classic humour!  This
 is what entertainment is all about ... Idiots, explosives
 and falling anvils.     -- Calvin and Hobbes, Bill Watterson