Re: Gnome and WM

Sri Ramkrishna <sri@aracnet.com> writes:

> I get the same thing, (in fact got on this mailing list to get this
> question answered, how fortuitous ;)    I didn't know that it was a window
> manager thing.

<AOL> me too. </AOL>

Is this actually a problem with the window manager? I tried wmaker,
fvwm2, enlightenment and olvwm and it's always the same: panel exits
with exit status 0 and all applets complain that they cannot talk to the
panel. Compilation was smooth with gtk+-1.0.4, Imlib-1.4, mico-2.0.6,
gnome-0.20, guile-1.2, gcc-2.7.2.1. The standalone apps, including gimp,
all work flawlessly. And yes: i can ping localhost.

--
Holger Franz <hfranz@cuci.nl>
             <hfranz@physik.rwth-aachen.de>