Re: Gnome and WM

> How can I use windowmaker and gnome?  I have tried adding this to my
> .xinitrc (which consisted only of exec wmaker):
> background-properties --init &
> keyboard-properties --init &
> mouse-properties --init &
> panel &
> exec wmaker
> But I don't get the gnome taskbar and get an error:
> **Could not communicate with panel

I get the same thing, (in fact got on this mailing list to get this
question answered, how fortuitous ;)    I didn't know that it was a window
manager thing.

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/