Re: gnome & xscreensaver

On Wed, Jun 17, 1998 at 09:32:38PM -0700, Jamie Zawinski wrote:
> George wrote:
> >
> > I think the screensaver setup should ber redone to allow multiple
> > screensavers .. I don't like the way it works now ...
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "multiple screensavers."
>
> There is the xscreensaver daemon, and when the user is idle, it launches
> random subprocesses to draw graphics demos.  The number and set of
> graphics demos from which it chooses is run-time configurable (via X
> resources.)
>
> What do you think should work differently?
>
> I'd like there to eventually be a GUI that lets you select which hacks
> to run and which not to; however, I'm not sure how to do that without
> giving up on using the X resource database for this stuff (I think I'd
> have to go to a ~/.xscreensaver config file or something.)

I mean the gnome gui for selection of screensavers ... right now it seems
to only allow one to select onlt a single screensaver instead a list of
ones to choose at random ... xscreensaver works just fine:) ... it's
the gnome hui that's messed up :)

> Yup, that definitely shouldn't happen.  However, it does sound like it
> could have been another aspect of the mouse-grabbing bug that I fixed in
> version 2.20.  So please let me know if you ever see it again...

ok ... I'll let you know if I see it ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: